Lisa Mayer creates content to inform, educate, persuade and motivate. The key to her approach is based on putting herself in the audience’s place to determine what information they’re seeking and why it’s important to them. She offers the ability to quickly grasp issues from the audience perspective which has enabled her to write successfully about a wide range of industries and topics. These include: technology, consulting, higher education, human resources, building restoration, data analytics, retail energy, architectural services, and turnaround management.
- 5 Benefits of Online Style Guide – Working with technical subject matter expert, researched, wrote and edited educational piece discussing how an online style guide bridges the gap between design and development for eCommerce sites.
- Customer Acquisition: How Small Businesses Can Find New Customers – Belly Card, a digital loyalty platform, created a resource section for merchants to assist the with marketing and product information. Wrote an eBook on how small businesses can find new customers as well as the importance of loyalty programs.
- 10 Ways to Get the Most Out of Salesforce – Repurposed a webinar recording to provide an overview of key points; used to present firm’s expertise in application.
- How to Measure Site Speed in eCommerce – Worked with subject matter expert to help online retailers understand they place too much emphasis on page load while not paying enough attention to what makes for a satisfying user experience.
- Check Please: Integration Solution Links Dynamics GP with Online Banking – Article highlights a custom solution the company hoped to sell to other clients with same issue around integrating Accounts Payable with their banking system. Worked with consultant to develop the write-up.
- Top 10 Ways to Get the Most Out of Salesforce – Write-up is based on a webinar recording. The article provides a quick overview of key points and drives reader to recording for more discussion. Designer created an infographic to illustrate 10 tips. Ideally, each point could serve as a separate piece of content for further marketing.
- Develop Your PeopleSoft Upgrade Roadmap – Article written to promote a workshop Emtec developed to help clients through new software release
- From Stocks to Salsa Start-up – Alumni interview for The Kilts Center for Marketing at Chicago Booth quarterly newsletter to promote marketing initiatives and curriculum. Conducted the interview with Pete Carrillo and wrote article to show how the school offers students “real-world” experience.
- Hidden Profits: They’re Closer Than You Think – Article (Draft) for turnaround management consultants who wanted to highlight a program is designed to identify and implement internal activities that would reduce expenses or increase revenues.
- Wrote, curated and posted social media for Yes Lifecycle Marketing twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook pages (12/16/16 to 5/30/17 ) – download XLS
Sales and Marketing Collateral
- Benefits of Deregulation by Retail Energy Supplier – A rebranding occurred when BlueStar Energy was purchased by Fortune 200 company, AEP. Wrote updated content for a marketing sheet to explain why consumers and businesses have a choice of retail energy suppliers due to industry deregulation. Also worked with designer to create a companion illustration.
- Retail Energy Company – Taking advantage of a rebranding, revised sales sheet to be more customer focused. Wrote new copy to better explain how company services could help a business save money. View old sales sheet as well as revised version.
- Retail Energy Company – During a rebranding effort, Vice President wanted to move beyond a simple commodity description to differentiate the company. Wrote copy to educate commercial customers about the many business considerations that went into developing a rate plan. Goal was to position the company as a consultant. View the old sales sheet as well as the significantly revised sales sheet.
- Content for Chicago Tribune Subsidiary – Developed content for launch of the MyMediaWorks website. The company, part of the Chicago Tribune Media group, is a data-analytics and campaign optimization platform for advertisers.
- IT Consultantcy Site Redevelopment – Responsible for working with outside web firm on design update to improve user experience and readability. Also revised site content where needed. Conducted QA of site prior to go-live. View selected discussion of site issues.
- Consumption Strikes Back – Conducted faculty interview about research paper for Capital Ideas magazine. Reviewed 30 minutes of raw footage (without benefit of written transcript) to create a four and a half-minute video used to promote article about research on link between consumer well-being and stock market.
- Booth School of Business MBA Virtual Open House – This presentation was designed to communicate the school’s unique brand and encourage visitor’s to take the next step in the admissions process (engage with school). Wrote script for narration.